Bethany Lutheran Church has been in the Seward neighborhood for over 100 years, and we take seriously our presence and involvement in our community. We’re the church with the rainbow pillars out front - a symbol of our commitment to inclusion of all people, with no exceptions.
What’s true about us:
- We are a congregation of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA).
- We are a small group of followers of Jesus (always earnestly but pretty much never perfectly).
- We worship on Sunday mornings at 10:00 a.m. All are welcome - no exceptions.
- We celebrate Holy Communion each week.
- Our worship service is traditional Lutheran with sermons that make connections between faith and daily lives.
- We are located in the Seward neighborhood of south Minneapolis.
- Questions? Email: BethanyInSeward@gmail.com
Bethany Lutheran Church is a Christian congregation called to unite people from diverse backgrounds enabling them to grow in the love of Jesus Christ.
We therefore respond to the vision to which God has called us: to proclaim this good news and to welcome in our congregation all people without regard to sexual orientation, gender identity, cultural or ethnic background, physical or mental abilities, family status, gender or age.
We pledge to ourselves and to all others that we will strive to live as a reconciling people in our life together and in our outreach to the world.
Pastor Hendrickson served as pastor at Bread of Life Deaf Lutheran Church for 14 years and at Salem Lutheran Church in West St. Paul for 11 years. Bethany is the 8th congregation he’s served as an intentional interim pastor.